Thursday, September 1, 2016

Kindness Matters.




 With Summer coming to a close,  I have to admit the ending of this season left me feeling defeated. 
This Summer wasn't an easy one.
 It was difficult for a lot of reasons and of course it could always be worse but, overall I just felt let down in how our Summer played out and was left questioning my parenting. 
I felt all Summer all I did was correct, discipline, yell, and take away privileges. 
Still the kids were giving me a run for my money. 

This last week though, I got the boost I needed from some unexpected places. 
A few acquaintances and strangers randomly over the course of the week complemented the kids and their behavior. 
A stranger in line behind us, a family friend, and a older gentleman. 

Parenting is tough. 
Many times you don't see the results of the hard work and sleepless nights for months or even years. 
These small but so important acts of kindness came at an exact moment for me transiting into this next season. 

My goal for myself is to do the same going forward.
Many times in Target I have seen a new mom walking the isles with a crying newborn and keeping her cool. I have thought " She's got this." Instead of keeping these comments to myself my goal is outwardly encourage and praise people when I see them doing a great job. 
If its my own family, kids, or strangers I think these small comments of encouragement and kindness can go a long way. 

We started school Wednesday so Ill have a post up about that and our back to school feast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment