Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kindergarden.

Its almost here. 
I think I have been dreading this day since... the day she was born. 
Its not only a change for our family ( we now enter the land of having kids in school) but now 5 days a week for 8 hours a day I hand her over to someone else to teach. 
She is no longer just ours. 

Will they be kind and patient with her? 
Will she make friends? 
Will she like school? 

Did I prepare her enough? 
Show her how to open all her lunch stuff? 
To be kind? 
Give her the confidence to do things for herself when Im not there? 

I know she is ready and I am really happy where she will be going to school ... but still.
She will have fun, make friends, and learn so much. Im happy for that but on the flip side I wince when I think of all the hard things she will learn.
Being left out. Someone teasing her.

For the last, almost 5 years I have been her go -to person. 
The person she asks for snacks from 47 times a day, help with the bathroom, asks to look at clouds with. 
I will miss her telling me about her princesses and the crazy names she makes up or watch her cuddle chickens through the window. 
Oh man this growing up this is hard.
This marks just another "first" she and I will face together.















No comments:

Post a Comment