Thursday, June 12, 2014

Story Rocks Camping Project



We love to have camp fires throughout the summer and this year are planning on spending some time backyard camping and up at Matt's family's camp. 

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a great activity for young kids to do around the fire that doesn't involving eating pounds of sugar ( s'mores) right before you tuck them in ha. 

Boden is a bit young this year I think but I know B will love this game. 

So the point is you pass around the bag and as it goes around each person takes turns pulling a rock out. What ever the picture is they have to include it in the story you all are building on and telling. 


While we were at the beach a while back I gathered up smooth, flat rocks ( I need to go get more). 

Using ideas on Pinterest I started ( very crudely) painting different things I thought the kids would find amusing. 
Flowers, trees, fairy wand, teepee, ladybug, balloon, boat, sunrise/ mountains, castle, etc. 

I used an old J.Crew belt bag and we are ready for our first back yard or fire pit story time. 

I can't wait to try it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment