Saturday, December 14, 2013

Our First Vacation As A Family Of 5


This week we took our first mini vacation as a family of 5.
First off, I have to say kudos to the parents who travel all over with kiddos in tow.
Not that it shouldnt be done but wow the planning and packing required just for ONE night.
I cannot imagine the planning involved for say a week! Ha.

We took the kids up to North Conway in the White Mountains.
We did somewhere somewhat close in case we had to make an emergency drive home at 2 am.

We went on a sleigh ride which for the first 10 minutes Boden cried non-stop. Then he proceeded to cuddle up and fall asleep. Both him and Brooklyn slept then entire time. Bristol liked it but it was FREEZING and most of the ride was through open fields.
I think her favorite part was the hot cocoa at the end.

Our hotel had an awesome indoor water park that was perfect for our kids ages and swimming ability.
( By " ability" I mean they dont swim.)
AND we had it mostly to ourselves as it was the middle of the week.
So we ate out, swam, and just had fun together.

Bristol was on her best behavior and Brooklyn was the sweet girl she always is. She got to try her first french fry! :)

I think my favorite memory from this trip though was having Boden fall asleep and cuddle with me TWICE. Thursday morning I put Brooklyn down for a nap, Matt took B swimming, and Bo and I just cuddled up. After about 15 minutes ( or 1 Thomas episode)  my sticky, squishy, curly haired boy fell asleep on me. We both proceeded to snooze for another 45 minutes. It was perfect. He is such a lover and since having a baby sis so close to his age I feel sometimes he has missed this.
I so love having a little boy.

So we are back home now and trying to relax and enjoy the season that is crazy busy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment