Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day





These pictures were taken about 4 years ago when my Brother graduated from Basic. 
( He would probably kill me for posting these ) 
 Today I thought about Veterans Day and what it means to our family. 
We have so many people in our lives who have served our country - my Brother, Matt's Uncles, Aunt, and friends. 


I am thankful for the sacrifice of time. 
Time given to a cause bigger than themselves for something they believe in and wanted to contribute to. 





 

I am also thankful for the families who miss these servicemen/ women on holidays, birthdays, and the small everyday moments but continue to support and love them as if they are never apart. 




When I look at my own children I wonder if any of them will one day say they want to join the armed service.
 Just thinking of that makes my heart break a little. 

So from my heart thank you to all those who serve our country. 


No comments:

Post a Comment