Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Attitude.






It is no secret that Bristol is the hardest of my children for me to parent. Maybe because we are so similar but we butt heads more than not. Its been that way since the day she was born ha. 

Lately, I have been having a hard time with her and her attitude etc. 
To the point that I have been very frustrated. 
Last week I was on Pinterest while Matt was watching The Walking Dead and saw a pin 
" How to improve your child's attitude. " 
Perfect! 
I clicked over to the link expecting a few miracle tips. 

Instead it read... 
" Step 1 is to improve YOUR attitude." 

Whaaaa?? 

Yes. It explained how your child can sense when you are frustrated and short with them and they feed off that - negatively. 

Makes sense. 

I read the rest of the article and felt like it was the reminder I needed to improve B and I's relationship and move forward more positively. 

I would love to say following some of these tips its now been smooth sailing. 
It hasn't. 
BUT- the day after, I tried to remember to practice patience and not be harsh/ frustrated with her - she came up and hugged my leg saying 
" Mama I love you. I think Ill keep you." 

Ha - small victories- at least now I have a permanment home. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment