Monday, February 17, 2014

Not Yet.





"Drop the rock. Let go of judgments. Extend Grace. God isn't finished with them yet."

A childhood friend posted this a while back and I loved it. 
So often I need to be reminded its not my job to police everyone and their actions. 
Its my job to love and wait. 

Kindess matters. 
So many people are hurting with things that no one knows. 
I had a close friend tell me a while ago 
" I am so stressed I could shoot myself in the face." 


It felt like she slapped me. 
I know she didn't know what she was saying at the time. 
( Later she apologized.) 

Instantly I wanted to say a 1000 things I knew about her and would hurt her. 
Put her in her place and let her know how words can hurt. 
Instead ( mostly out of shock - not self control) I said nothing. 
After her apology I am glad I said nothing. 
What good would it have done to wound her with words as she had done me?
Would my pain and sadness go away? 
No, no it wouldn't. 

Many times I have needed grace from those around me. 
Mornings when Im late and cranky. 
Afternoons when Im staring at a "to-do" list a mile long. 
Evening when Im exhausted and short with those I love most. 

We all need it and need to extend it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment