Tuesday, November 26, 2013

When You Dont Feel Like Being Thankful.

As humans I think we have an innate sense of avoiding the bad and hunting out the good. 
Even more so as Americans. 
We try to avoid the hardships of life like if we can control our way through it everything will be fine. 
We are told to be thankful and keep your chin up through it all. 
But their is one thing we forget. 
We forget we cannot control the uncontrollable and we have emotions attached to every situation, every moment, and every action we make. 

Sometimes I dont want to be thankful. 
Sometimes I want to feel sorry for myself and my family. 
I want to yell at others who complain about parking tickets and their coffee not being right- 
Too many sugars you know. 
I want to scream " Do you know what real problems are?!" 

The last 6 months have sucked.
 They have been filled with sorrow and grief, uncertainty, frustration, and change. 
All of these from every. single. aspect. of our lives. 

In yet we have to keep on keeping on. Keep the routine for our babies, be present so we can give guidance, and some how find our new normal. Try to resume old hobbies and keep our house clean. 

Pretend to be Thankful when we dont want to be.
 Show thankfulness that our children are healthy, we have some place to call home, and food to eat and enjoy. 

So this Thanksgiving I will practice Thankfulness even when I dont feel like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment