Sunday, October 20, 2013

Kindergarden?

Oh this girl. 
Bring born October 28th puts her on either the very young end of starting school or the old end. 
Over the last month or so Matt and I have been going back and forth on what would be best for Bristol. Testing her in or waiting another year. Academically I know shes ready and would be fine. Socially Im not sure. Being the oldest she tends to thrive more when she can be " the leader." When put into situations where she knows shes younger she tends to become shy and reserved. Where this is something that will affect her whole academic career and I feel social is so important in connection to academics we want to make the best choice. 

After talking to many teachers, friends, and sometimes strangers ha I think we have come to the decision to hold her back another year. I dont think another year home will be bad in terms of behavior and helping to continue to instill the values we want her to have. Its a tough call but I think we can add for academics and she will be fine. 
Oh being a parent is tough sometimes ha. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment